This name is given to the art of preparing food in a healthy way, minimizing health risks that sometimes involves the traditional cuisine. Basically deals with how to avoid too much fat, cholesterol and salt, related to heart disease, arteriosclerosis, obesity, hypertension and certain cancers. One of his most important guidelines is to increase the proportion of plant foods such as cereals, legumes, fruits and vegetables. Of course, the greatest achievement of healthy cooking is to get an increase in health maintaining and even increasing the good flavors. Choose our best Italian range hoods.
Today we know that some foods or cooking methods are less suitable than others for health. Meanwhile, there are many secrets that improve the cooking and prevent disease. Healthy cooking is one of the best allies in the quest for longevity.
Secrets of healthy cooking
• Cook food the least because that is more nutritious result.
• Making the most of the vitamins in vegetables preparing salads just before serving.
• If you have a choice between canned or frozen foods always choose the latter.
• When cooking vegetables is to use only enough water as this dilutes the excess vitamins.
• When reheating food, is to be consumed before it was cool to warm temperature favors the spread of germs.
• Use grain (pasta, rice, flour, bread) instead of refined grain. Provide more vitamins, minerals and fiber.
• Rescue pulses, sometimes unfairly neglected. Manage to include in the dishes lentils, chickpeas, beans, beans …
• Include different salad combinations and colors. The variety of colors ensures different nutrients beneficial.
• Always have two or three varieties of fruit, not only fresh but also take it for inclusion in various formulations: juices, salads, puddings, jellies, meats, mashed …
• To preserve both properties of food, especially meat, have to cook over high heat first and then go down to medium or minimum. In this way the pores are closed, keeping inside the workpiece all juices and nutrients.
• As for the pots to use copper remember that destroyed most of the vitamins C and E. It is preferable to use stainless steel or enamel glass.
• Egg yolks provide a high amount of cholesterol. It should not consume more than four per week and can be replaced by two distinct yolk.
• Remove all visible fat from meat before cooking. It is preferable baking, iron, grill … than fried.
• Replace the fries by cooking baked or boiled. Place in oven a pan of water for the environment is kept moist and not dry food.
• Use low-fat milk and dairy products.
• Consume daily a couple of tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in salad dressings, cooking …
• Take a half liter of water a day minimum. We talked about water, not liquid, that is, apart from that we can take liquid, add the water tap.
• Another way of incorporating water is through food. Vegetables, fruits and vegetables contain a high amount of water.
• Reduce consumption of salt, sugar and fat means benefits for the heart, weight, teeth and blood pressure.
• The best diet is to eat everything in moderation.